Assuming you’ve created your document as a Word file and you’ve proofed and edited it to perfection…
Now you must “clean it” with a text editor to wash out the formatting and other stuff Microsoft Word does with word processing products.
These are the steps to create a new post.
- Click New at the top of the window or hover your mouse over Posts and select Add New.
- You’ll need the words that are the content of your new post and an image (or images) to illustrate the ideas expressed in your post.
- Copy and paste your words into the content area of the new post.
- Then cut the title line and paste that into the Title area of the new post.
The “copy and paste the words” steps.
- Copy and paste your words from the Word document into Notepad (or any text editor.)
- Make note of the formatting there for line feeds or other issues (like numbered or bulleted lists.)
- Copy and paste your words from the text editor into WordPress.
The “image (or images) to illustrate the ideas” steps.
- If you have your image ready to go, we’ll simply upload that to WordPress and choose that media item to illustrate your idea.
- If you don’t have an image, there’s a straightforward way to get free images which I’ll demonstrate here.
- Uploading of images can be done in a few ways and the options for your image are also adjustments you’ll want to make.